We welcome visitors to our Borough Care homes and ask that you follow the procedures below when planning a trip to visit your loved one. As always, the safety and wellbeing of our residents and colleagues remains our top priority. Covid has not gone away and some of our homes will find themselves experiencing outbreaks. An outbreak consists of two or more positive cases of COVID-19 during a 14-day period. Families will be informed if this happens.
- Each home has an adequate supply of Lateral Flow Tests to hand at all times.
- If a resident or member of staff feels unwell, even if they are not displaying COVID-19 symptoms, they will be tested immediately.
- If a home experiences a positive case, they will report it to Public Health, who in turn can provide guidance on wider testing in the home.
- Colleagues no longer need to wear a face mask except in certain circumstances. Should the need to wear masks arise, signage will be placed around the home stating that masks must be worn.
Your Visit to a Borough Care home:
- Visitors no longer need to wear a face mask except in certain circumstances, mentioned above.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you refrain from visiting the care home until you are better.
- Please follow all instructions given by our team during your visit, to protect everyone.
- If there is a COVID-19 outbreak in a home, residents can still have one visitor at a time. In the case of End of Life care, families will be supported to spend time with their loved one.
- For new admissions arriving from a hospital, residents will take a Lateral Flow Test 48 hours prior to planned discharge. If they test positive we can still admit them. They should isolate from the day they test positive, for five days. If the admission is from a home or care home setting they do not need to do a Lateral Flow Test before they arrive.
We are delighted to welcome you into our homes, giving you more freedom to see your family members as they live life in colour at Borough Care. Once again, thank you for your continued support.